Sunday, March 12, 2006

Vengaya sambarum Chepankazhangu fryum...

Does the title look yummy. Decided to go for it today morning. Woke up and was chatting back home when i thought of this menu. The kerala style sambar & curry are pretty special and once you taste it, you would love it for sure.
My school days were the days of fun with variety of dishes prepared by my mom. Nevertheless, i should accept that my mom and dad are equal competitors and both of them try to do items more delicious than the other. My self and my sis are the judges for tasting the items and voting the winner. Nice work for the judges! Isn't it. I know.
Come festival, the menu would be palada pradaman, olan, kalan, mathan sambar, urla kazhangu kara curry, aviyal, thakkali rasam, mangai pachadi, chow chow kootu.... the list goes on. But for me, i was too picky on the vegetable those days and will not eat most of the items.
Thanks to my college hostel food, it was so worst that i started eating all items which are vegetarian. After my college days, i have not stayed with my parents due to my profession, but i will make sure that i don't miss festivals[ob, for gobbling the big list of items] I make sure i eat all the items and taste them.

Now to today's menu. Started with the rice and dal. Started at 10:30 AM and finished the whole cooking process by 11:30 [Bachelor cooking takes more time buddy, believe me!] But when i tasted the sambar, i could sense some taste [It was not as perfect as my mom's] and had a nice lunch.
Sunday afternoon that too after a heavy lunch will be 100 % complete with a nap...hmmmm just got up and blogging in with a coffee in my hand..

There comes Monotonous Monday, waiting for me ahead! Oh my god, the weekend is over. See you all soon. Byeeeeeeee

3 comments:

Aarthi Bharath said...

Pudhu profile in orkutu, pudhu blogu... kelakare Cuppu!!!;) Anyway, nice to know that you have also stepped into the blogosphere. Welcome to the blogging community.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

dei enna da neeyum blogisthanu vaa... just aarthi says... kalaku machi... btw just because you are insured you cant risk so much with your cooking da... what were the after effects...